https://raptureinbooks.wordpress.com/2015/07/24/liebster-awards/ This post was LONG overdue. So sorry it took so long, but better late than never! Husband & Husband are honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Rapture in Books who happens to be a fantastic book review blogger who Aaron and I absolutely adore.
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Questions for Jonathan & Aaron Ferrara
- If you had just £15 to buy one book for a whole year – paperback or hardback (we all know ebooks are cheaper no cheating now!) what would you buy and why?
Jonathan: Harry Potter of course!!
Aaron: A dark, gritty memoir.
2. Pick one character from your favourite book and describe them in five words or less.
Jonathan: I’m going to pick one of my own characters from my novel The Blackwell Family Secret: Pugdush. He is comical, whimsical, friendly, naive and loyal.
Aaron: Hermione: Intelligent, cautious, ambitious, loyal, Just.
3. What are the reasons you abandon books you’re reading? If you don’t abandon, how do you stick to your guns and finish them even though you want to quit so bad?
Jonathan: If I abandoned a book it’s only because there isn’t enough happening. I hate sitting there reading pages upon pages of describing a setting.
Aaron: It’s all about the characters and world. If a world seems real (even in a fantasy world of flying monkeys) and the people have true-to-life emotions and feelings, then I’ll stick to it to the end. 🙂
4. What is your perfect environment to read in? Is it quiet, music on in the background, is there TV or are you alone?
Jonathan: There is only one way I can read: Alone and quiet or I get distracted.
Aaron: DEFINITELY alone, and in the quiet. Usually on a weekend or at night, but I’ll often crack open a comic book on the subway on my way to work.
5. If you had to be an animal from a book (whether it be natural or preternatural) what would you be and why?
Jonathan: I would like to say a dog because that is my favorite animal. I couldn’t imagine my life without one. However, I would probably lean more to a lion because leo is my zodiac sign and my Chinese new year animal is a tiger, so definitely some kind of feline.
Aaron: Looove cats. So I would probably be a cat from the wonderful world of Disney. They live the high life, for the most part.
6. If the world ended and we all lived in a post-apocalyptic world, which post-apocalyptic world would you prefer to live in?
Jonathan: They all sound horrible to live in! Zombies would be awful! Hunger Games not so fun unless you lived in the Capital or certain Districts…..ugh, probably the Hunger Games.
Aaron: Does the Emerald City count?
7. Which Hogwarts house would you rather be sorted into and why?
Jonathan: Gryffindor hands down! I’m courageous! Maybe Ravenclaw because creative minds are in that house. However, when I think of that house I usually think of brainecks.
Aaron: I would loofa to be sorted into Ravenclaw for their wit and creative endeavors!
8. Post one book cover that you think describes you best.
Aaron: Agree with the above!
9. Now I haven’t read The Selection yet, but could you do it? Join a reality show for the sake of the amusement of others even if it means you become a prince or princess.
Jonathan: Aaron and I would go on Big Brother tomorrow if we could! : )
Aaron: Heck yeah!
10. Describe your favourite book series in one word.
11. Finally: If you were a talking turtle what would be your first words?
Jonathan: HAHAHA—-WHAT?!? Um…I would say something funny like ROAR!
Aaron: “I LIKE TURTLES!”
11 Questions from Husband and Husband
- Where is your happiest place in the world?
- What is your favorite childhood toy?
- Who was the name of her first kiss?
- What character in Harry Potter would you most likely be?
- What Disney film best describes you?
- If you were a superhero, who would you be?
- What is your all time favorite book?
- What is your favorite magical being?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Do you have any regrets? What is your biggest one?
- Name your favorite character of all time.
Husband & Husband would like to nominate *drum roll please*